In Orange Class the children further progress their knowledge, development and skills within the framework of the Key Stage Two curriculum. All children in Orange Class go on either the overnight residential to Pioneer in Year 4, or the extended day trip to the Aztec centre in Year 3. Year 4 pupils also take part in 'Bikeability' in Orange Class. This is ‘cycling proficiency’ for the 21st century, designed to give the next generation the skills and confidence to ride their bikes on today’s roads. Certificates and luminous badges are awarded to children who successfully complete each course. Children are encouraged and inspired to achieve all three levels, recognising that there is always more to learn and to enjoy on a bike. This and our 'road safety' workshops are particulary important as children progress onto potentially going to middle school on their own. All pupils will take part in 'Radio Club' before they leave Hindlip. This fantastic opportunity enables our pupils to develop a wide range of skills with an ex BBC news reporter and journalist. Pupils learn about audio production and investigate local issues affecting our school and its community. Please see the 'podcast' section of our website to listen to our Hindlip & Tibberton radio channel.
The Orange class teacher is Mrs Herbert and Mrs Senter is our teaching assisstant.
Some of our topics include:
- Ancient Egypt
- 100 Years of Hindlip
- Along the Salt Road
- Stone Age to Bronze Age
Please see our Whole School Curriculum Map and Topic Overviews for more details!
Orange Class trips:
- Weekly swimming for a term
- Radio Club
- Bell Boating
- Three Counties Show
- Tallow Hill Mosque
- Cadbury World
- ThinkTank Birmingham Science Museum
- Dance Festival at Droitwich High
- Worcester Warriors Rugby Tournament
- Fernhill House Carehome Visits
- Hockey and Football Tournaments at RGS Dodderhill
- Computing and Coding Workshops at RGS The Grange
- Cluster Sports / Carols with Ombersley First
- Corinium Roman Museum in Cirencester
- Spelling Bee
- Swan Theatre Trip
- Young Audio Awards trip to London (Radio Club)
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Droitwich Salt Works / Churchfields
- Salwarpe Chruch
Please click on the Polaroid picture below to see a slideshow of our class.